Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bioshock 2: Intitail Thoughts

I do not power play. By that I mean I don't get a game and sit at my TV until I beat it. I have a friend that does that and it is a skill that constantly eludes me. I practice it constantly but fail at every attempt. I have recently begun playing Bioshock 2 and while very, very early into it, so far I'm not impressed yet. So far the game isn't really lacking in any technical aspects other than graphics, but it still seems to be lacking in something. I could be remembering wrong but it seemed like Bioshock uno (one in Spanish)had better graphics. It seems odd that there would be a technical step backwards like that but, like I said, its been sometime since I played the first so maybe I'm remembering wrong. I'll look into it.

So far the primary flaw with Bioshock 2 is not any thing having to do with Bioshock 2 other than the fact that it is a sequel to a game that really has a hard time having a sequel. Do you remember what it was like entering Raptor the first time? There was that awesome feeling as the bathosphere decended into the ocean and their before was Raptor. You had no idea what to expect and everything from the walking through the glass hallways under the ocean to discovering what was going on was completely fascinating and thrilling. Once the mystery is gone and Raptor exposed and explored I feel like it looses some of its luster. Bioshock 2 plays well but you can't help but feel like you're watching Indian Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls. Yeah its Indaina but the soul seems to be gone.

This is not a review yet, just thoughts.

This is not

No comments:

Post a Comment